Friday, July 27, 2012

Font Hate Friday: Bleeding Cowboys



Fontname: Bleeding Cowboys
This is a newer font I have been seeing around, and I liked the first time I saw it, sort of. Slight tremors of distaste.  Later, I figured out why it soured my stomach. It embodies this:
A dyejob-blonde clubgirl from the suburbs wearing a just-purchased faux stetson with a badly-tooled silver doodahs on it, in fake cowboy boots drinking half-price rail-pour margaritas, trying to line-dance to a Toby Keith techo remix at a Chaamps "dance-floor". Utter Vapidity.
It's also deplorably stuck in the 90's, back when the new Fonts on the Block were all about "grunge" and "swoosh". I mean yes, pushing the envelope of electronic typography is one thing, yes we learned to how to use variable width letterforms and track them so the non swoosh letterform was kindof aligned (notice P-A-R, and shudder), and yes, not all fonts need to be simple black fills, yes.

But seriously, this is just offensive to the eye. It looks like how a hangover tastes. Do yourself a favor and gun this sucker down at high noon.

Found with: Eyeball!
Available at: NO. Just no.

Nausea Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment